| WHO SHOULD COMPLETE THIS INTERNATIONAL APPLICATION?
WHO SHOULD NOT COMPLETE THIS INTERNATIONAL APPLICATION?
- Individuals who are or will be in the US student immigration status ( F1, J1)
- Individuals who are or will be in the US in another non-immigrant status (H1, H4, J2, etc.)
(Complete the domestic admissions application)
- US citizens
- Permanent residents (green card holders)
- Individuals with an approved application for permanent residency (have a receipt of filing of the I-485 from USCIS)
- Individuals with USCIS approved refugee or asylum status
- This page does not support the use of the Back button, Back arrow, or Backspace key. Use the navigation links provided on the page, otherwise errors or lost data may occur.
- To begin the application, you will first create an account.
- Please write down your Login ID and PIN when you create the account, so you can return to your application and finish later.
- Each user should have one account no matter how many applications you are completing.
- You can save and access the application later by clicking the "Finish Later" button.
- The application is not submitted until you click the "Application is Complete" button.
- Be prepared to pay the $50 application fee via credit card when you submit your application for a degree program (Bachelors, Masters, PhD).
- Be prepared to pay the $20 application fee via credit card when you submit your Non-Degree application.
- If you cannot pay the fee via credit card, the application can be completed online, but we cannot process the application until we receive an International Postal Money Order or certified check drawn on a U.S. bank for application made payable to "University of New Mexico"
- Once you submit the application you will no longer be able to update the information.
- Graduate Applicants: You will ALSO need to complete an application and/or supplemental materials with the graduate department(s) to which you are applying. Any additional materials NOT required for the international application should be sent directly to the department (please pay careful attention to the mailing address).
Address for supporting materials required by International Admissions (Transcripts, financial proof, etc.):
Global Education Office
1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131-0001